I’ve been a complete slacker when it’s come to Top Ten Tuesday, but I’m hoping to get back on it in the coming weeks. Anyway, this week its Top Ten Books on your To Be Read list – I’ve got so many, but I’ll try and narrow it down to the books I’m desperate to read…
1. Ganymede by Cherie Priest. The next instalment of the Clockwork Century books by the mistress of Steampunk. I loved Boneshaker and Dreadnought, and I’m looking forward to this.
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I’ve heard great things about this book, and I have it waiting to be read in my actual to be read pile next to my desk. I’ve just read I am the Messenger and loved it, and its the kind of book I recommend to everyone.
3. Howls Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. The film by Miyazaki is one of my favourite films ever, so I’m looking forward to reading this – I’ve been meaning to but kept forgetting. Hopefully I’ll read it in the coming months.
4. Pegasus by Robin McKinley. This is from the author of Sunshine (another must read), Beauty, The Rose Daughter, Deerskin and Spindle’s End. She takes timeless fairytales and weaves her interpretation onto them, making them more vivid and alive, more enduring. I love the twists she brings to things, and I’ve already got this book waiting for me to read it.
5. The Infernal Devices 2: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. The next instalment after Clockwork Angel, which I thought was brilliant. I’m excited about Steampunk supernatural fiction, and I love the characters so far. I’ve been wary of reading the fourth book in The Mortal Instruments series because reviews have not been good – and I feel that Clare should kind of put her energies into this series rather than The Mortal Instruments, which I thought was over anyway…
6. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. A book with mixed reviews I think, but I’m looking forward to it nonetheless, because I want to watch the series but don’t have Sky TV. Then I’ll probably get it on DVD when it comes out at some point.
7. Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel. Another must read that I haven’t read yet!
8. House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones. A sequel to Howl’s Moving Castle!
9. 250 Things You Should Know About Writing by Chuck Wendig. I would love to read this, but I don’t have a Kindle or a reading device yet. Maybe that’s going to be on my Christmas Wish List…
10. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. Another book in my to-read pile, that I know will be emotionally difficult but its a must read, definitely.
What is on your to-read list this Autumn?
2 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – To Be Read List”
ALL I’m going to say is READ EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE! Omg. One of my fave books everrrr. Ok..and I’ll throw this in…The Book Thief…have tissues handy. I’ve never cried so hard during a book.
Here’s my top ten books for Fall
A list where there have not been many repeats, great. the Book thief, good read. wishing you reading enjoyment as we try to clear out our TBR list to make room for others.