…but are still sitting on my bookshelf. Waiting to be read. That’s the theme of Top Ten Tuesday today, sorry I’m late! This one is kind of hard for me because to be honest, I don’t have many unread books in my room – they all get read eventually! It may not even reach number 10…
1. Ulysses by James Joyce – I really want to read this. Unfortunately got past chapter one and gave up – I got bored. I know…
2. Self Editing for Fiction Writers by Browne and King – just haven’t had the chance or need to read it quite yet!
3. Writers’ and Artists’ Yearbook 2009 – bought this too hastily when I was in the beginning stages of my writing journey, it hasn’t been needed yet!
4. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell – tried, but failed to read! It is so confusing, what with all those different time periods etc. I may get round to it again at some point.
5. Mary Reilly by Valerie Martin – I love Valerie Martin, I’ve only just started to read her books (read Italian Fever in summer 2009 and it was an interesting read), but this one I’ve found hard to get into.
6. Virginia Woolf – Selected Diaries – have dipped in a bit but found it hard to get into. Again, a bit of a shame as I think she’s incredible.
7. Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama – I loved reading the start of this book, but haven’t progressed any further yet! I will get there..he writes well and his story is so inspiring.
8. The Sound of Paper by Julia Cameron – bought this in 2009, still not read it all…it’s okay but doesn’t grab me as much as I thought it would – its an inspiration book for writing.
I can’t think of any more right now – as I said, most of the books I have are either waiting to be read and I’m excited about reading them or they’ve been read already! I’ve been trying to buy books that I will definitely read in the past year or so.