It’s Saturday – hopefully a day when people get to relax, pull up their laptop, iPad or flick through their phones with a coffee, tea or hot chocolate and read something inspirational, thought-provoking or just fun. This week I’ve been reading a lot of interesting things, some that have inspired me with my own direction and how I can take things further with writing and creativity.
1. John Walker: What Disabled People are Learning from Taking a Deaf Perspective.
2. Russell Brand: We Deserve More from Our Democratic System.
3. Brain Pickings: How to Find Your Purpose and Do What You Love.
4. Alex Beadon: Why I’m Breaking Up With Photography.
5. Sarah Ward (my sis): The Project of You.
6. 19 Tips to Keep Your Writing Career in High Gear.
6. Ksenia Anske: Write From The Heart, The Rest Doesn’t Matter.
7. Don’t Make Your Blogging Hat Your Marketing Hat.
8. The New York Times: When Clothes No Longer Make The Man.
9. The New York Times: Confessions of a Serial Memoirist.
10. Molly Greene: Ways to Stay Creative.
11. The Paperbook Blog: The Art of Asking.
12. Dear Writer, Have You Ever Been on the Point of Giving Up?
13. Chuck Wendig: NaNoWriMo Dialogues: I Think I Suck and I’m Not a Real Writer.
14. Brain Pickings: The Art of “Creative Sleep”: Stephen King on Writing and Wakeful Dreaming.
15. Brain Pickings: Networked Knowledge and Combinatorial Creativity.
I’m also reading The Introvert Revolution by Michaela Chung, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter. S. Thompson and The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop.
Hope you enjoy having a look through some of these – Happy Caturday…
4 thoughts on “Inspirational Reading.”
Thanks for this! Have you heard of Susan Cain’s book ‘Quiet: The Power of Introverts’? I want to read that next!
No problem! Yes I have, it was one of the best books I read this year (I blogged about it too!) 🙂
love the classics! and the not so classic yet good books.
Reblogged this on I Run Around and commented:
Interesting reads….may have to pick up a few on my down time coming up!