…blogs. So, I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award, by someone whose blog is simply inspirational. It’s been amazing to see her blog develop over time – everyone’s blog journey begins with that first blog post, maybe the one we go back and look at and can see exactly where we’ve been and even if you don’t know where you’re going, at least you know you’ll enjoy the ride (and blog about it…).
I’ve been blogging for about ten years now. I started blogging at a blogspot address about feminism and personal stuff, then I gravitated over to WordPress. I haven’t looked back since, and although my blog address has changed a few times, I know that I’m not going to give it up. I’ve got a website at Fate is Chance, Destiny is Choice and a fashion/style/inspiration website over at Polka Dots and Rainbows, and this one which will always be my home away from home. Blogging is, quite simply, amazing – you meet so many people along the way, who share similar outlooks, who inspire you, who help you remember why you’re blogging in the first place when you hit a bad patch. I’m grateful for all those people, and the people who read this blog. I know I’m not much of a commenter, but I’ll try better in the coming year!
So, my nominated blogs are:
1. Sarah at Stars and Rainbows. Of course, her blog is amazing and inspirational and gives me a boost when I’m feeling down. Much like the lady herself. She’s had a year of ups and downs and more ups again, and I’m proud of her, for being who she is, and for being the best friend a sister could ever have.
2. Ramona at Milly’s Wonderland. Another inspiration – art, music, crafts and insightful writing. This lady is a creative inspiration – I love her weird and wonderful experiments with latex for her University project, and I can’t wait to see the outcome of all her hard work.
3. Deafinitely Girly – her writing style is brilliant, and I love her take on being deaf and living in the city and all the mishaps and adventures this leads to. She has a column in the Hearing Times too, but her blog is where it all started and I’m surprised she doesn’t have so many comments on her blog! She’s been blogging since 2008, and is well worth a read.
4. Michelle from Lonergrrrl – one of the first people I connected with via my feminist blog. She writes about feminism, writing, posts her own poetry, writes about rock music, what inspires her and so on. I love her writing, and her attitude, and her essays about music and feminism. Just because you’re a feminist, doesn’t mean that you have to renounce male centric rock music, in fact it can be more empowering than going on a march, because there is a power that goes along with women’s love of music.
5. Sarah at Speak Up Librarian. Because she works in a library! And she would never tell you to SHHH. Also, she’s a brilliant writer, and I love her social commentary, her posts about life and deafness and the deaf community. There are not enough deaf blogs out there!
If you’ve been nominated, please do the following:
The award is given to a blog with less than 200 followers that deserves a little more recognition. There are a few simple rules that go along with the award:
1. Give a shout out to the blogger who nominated you by linking back to their blog.
2. Nominate 5 other blogs with less than 200 followers.
3. Spread the good blog karma.
Lastly, don’t forget to add the Liebster blog award image to your post.
Happy Friday people!
Jumping for joy is good exercise. ~ Author Unknown