Tuesday has been and gone, but its been a stressful week so far with an assignment due, though I have an extension now, so things are a little calmer! I have to write a story for Monday, its an interesting experiment in changing the Little Red Riding Hood story to a modern and adult setting. Should be interesting once I’ve written it all then I just know it will take a lot of re-drafting!
Anyway, this weeks top ten tuesday is the 10 characters I would want as family members! I’m pretty happy with my family, but if we all lived in a fantasy world, then these people are who I would want as part of my family…
1. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice – kind of self explanatory – I would love her as a sister, even though my sister is wonderful. In fact, I bet my sister would like having Elizabeth in the fold too. Most people have her on their list – she’s just such a witty and fun character.
2. Lyra Silvertongue from His Dark Materials – a spunky younger sibling or cousin? She’s pretty cool and streetwise, I could learn something from her! She’s also imaginative and I can imagine making up stories and talking to her about her adventures.
3. Alexia Tarabotti from The Parasol Protectorate series. It would be so fun to have Alexia as a relation – she’s interested and curious about things and has a forthright manner that could either be insulting or refreshing, depending on your mood…
4. Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter – an excellent choice for a Grandfather I would think! Considering his sense of fun and how wise he is. Also an excellent ally if things go wrong.
5. Mikael Blomkvist from The Millenium Trilogy – interesting to have him as a cool and ‘European’ uncle or something. Not sure why, but he does make me think he would be a good uncle. Maybe its because he’s got a strong sense of justice and he’s quite a ‘safe’ kind of guy.
6. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter – we would probably get into massive arguments over who was right about stuff, but at least she’s got a heart of gold!
7. The entire Weasley Clan from Harry Potter – they would make a fabulous set of cousins and aunt and uncle, dont’cha think?
8. Paige Winterbourne from Women of the Otherworld series (Kelley Armstrong) – she’s a savvy and responsible older sister I think!
9. Jeremy Danvers from Women of the Otherworld series – responsible, tough and sensitive, Jeremy would make an excellent father, grandfather or uncle. Plus he’s a werewolf so that could come in handy…
10. Matilda (by Roald Dahl) – gosh, wouldn’t she be a wonderful niece or cousin? Especially as we could talk about books all day.
I’m trying to imagine everyone sitting together at a table for Christmas dinner, but its not happening, is it? It would be weird. Oh well, that’s fiction for you!