This is my first go at the Top Ten Tuesday posts that The Broke and the Bookish started, when they set up their blog back in June last year. I’ve never stuck to particular ‘posts of the day’ things, but this year I’ll do my best to do at least one a week…if not more, depending on how busy I am! This week has been so busy for me, that I’m doing this in the very early hours of Wednesday, but I like to pretend its still the day before if I haven’t been to bed yet!
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is Top Ten Books I Wish I’d Read As A Kid. This is a tough one for me because my love of books came from gorging on books as a child, and being encouraged to read widely by my parents and my own curiosity. There are some books that I’ve never read though, or at least haven’t finished.
1. Finn Family Moomintroll by Tove Jansson
2. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurine Sendek
3. The (complete) Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis – I have read about 3 or 4 of the Chronicles but not all of them, and I would like to get round to getting through all of them in order one day.
4. The Lionboy Trilogy by Zizou Corder
5. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime by Mark Haddon – nope, still haven’t got round to reading this, even though there are two copies in the house!
6. Witch Child by Celia Rees. My sister has this, and I’ve always wanted to read it but again, haven’t got round to it!
7. The Dark is Rising Sequence by Susan Cooper. I’ve read halfway through the first book and enjoyed it, but for some reason or another, stopped.
8. The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien – still haven’t read this despite reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy!
9. Eloise by Kay Thompson and Hilary Knight.
10. Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke – I really want to read these books, as they appeal to my imagination – whats not to love about the whole concept?